Bethesda Lutheran Cemetery, located at 9423 Kennedy Road, just north of 16th Avenue, has served the Markham Community since 1803. Bethesda Lutheran Church was originally located on this site until 1910 when it was moved to its present location at 20 Union Street.
The Cemetery is administered by the Bethesda Lutheran Cemetery Board appointed by Bethesda Lutheran Church and operates under the Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2002 of the Province of Ontario as administered by the Bereavement Authority of Ontairo. Burial lots and plots are available for immediate use. Plots for future use are not available at this time.
For more information or to purchase plots please contact us.
New by-laws for the cemetery have been approved by the Registrar of the Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2002. To see a copy of these new by-laws, click here.