Bethesda’s Sharecropper Project is part of a much larger Canadian fundraising initiative to help others. During the previous year that ended March 31, 2016:
- There were 268 Growing Projects and auctions across Canada, that raised $6,647,605, with 126 here in Ontario
- In total, $11,250,057 was donated directly to the Foodgrains Bank, with an additional $2,764,635 donated to our owner/members* for the Foodgrains Bank
- 1162 events were organized, with 2000 people taking some form of direct action, reaching some 128,582 Canadians
- 28 people participated in Learning tours
- 6 people from the developing world were brought to Canada as People-to-people visitors
- Over one million people were helped, in 40 countries, through 125 projects carried out by our members*
*13 Denominational church organizations—Canadian Lutheran World Relief is one of these.